Facebook: A Strategy to dominate Orkut
Facebook has recently rolled out another new feature that will allow its users to link their Facebook profile with their Orkut profile, this means you can Share your status updates, links, photos, notes, events, and groups with your friends on Orkut, directly from Facebook.
At present this option is only available for users in India and Brazil but Facebook have planned to gradually roll-out the new feature and it will be available to everyone in the coming weeks.
Although you can not synchronize some of your information between Facebook and Orkut but there is another function that returned to Mark Zuckerberg’s social network recently. When trying to locate your friends, you’ll find that there is an option for Orkut too.
To access this feature, you need to login your facebook account and have to click on “Find Friends”, after that you will be taken to a new page where you will find various option/services to find your friends. Once you authorize the Find Orkut friends in Facebook, you will be able to find all you your orkut friends who also have Facebook profile can send them an add request.
Connect Facebook with Orkut
Follow the steps below to “Link your Facebook profile with Orkut”.
1. Log into your Facebook Account
2. Once you are logged in, go to this link http://www.facebook.com/feed/export/orkut/ and click the green colored button which says Link your profile with orkut as show in the first image.
3. After that you will be re-directed to Google’s Login Page, where you would be asked to login your orkut account with your user id and password. After login, you will be again re-directed to a new page where you will need to press the grant access button to authorize the connection between your Facebook profile and Orkut.
4. After granting access, you will see a confirmation message with few options to select what should be shared both on Orkut and Facebook.
5. Once you have configured and saved all the settings, you would be shown a success message on your facebook profile with a small green check mark which indicates that your facebook profile is “Linked to Orkut”.
Strategy to "steal" users
Synchronizing Facebook-Orkut profile, and finding friends who have their profiles on both the social networking sites is an aggressive strategy from facebook to capture new users in Brazil and India – where Orkut has more users then facebook.
Over 50% of Google’s social network users are Indian and Brazilians, and this application tries to turnover this great portion to Facebook.